Despite our quietness, progress is trucking right along, as anyone who’s had an eye on our SVN log will have noticed. Progress towards the first M-series release (tentatively titled Market Garden) has been significant, with loads of major additions, such as:
- Paratroopers for the US.
- Glider landings for the Brits.
- V1 rocket for Germans.
- Ambush mode for Soviet partisans (keeps them hidden until they can throw their molotovs).
- Mobile AA units.
- An entirely revamped armor system (gun/penetration).
- Turn commands (so you can angle those tanks to face just the right way).
- Smoke shells (blind the enemy so you can advance!).
- Huge revisions to the role of artillery, so it behaves less like direct fire support and more like long-range bombardment.
- Streamlined ‘tech tree’ using a prerequisite system.
- And loads more!
Note: if you already have S44 installed, just grab the Spring Engine update from here: Springrts.com as you don’t need to install the whole game again.